Huayna Picchu or Young Mountain, is located opposite the mountain of Machu Picchu and can be accessed via a steep and narrow path, at an altitude of 2,693 meters It is a place visited by the splendid view you have from the top, place from which you will appreciate panoramically the Inca City of Machu Picchu and its surroundings.
How to buy Huayna Picchu Ticket 2016?
The entrance to Huayna Picchu is available 365 days a year. However, one has to consider that income is restricted to just 400 spaces per day divided into two groups of 200.
1. Check Availability
The spaces for Ticket Huayna Picchu are limited; which are rapidly depleted due to their high demand. This availability is distributed in two groups with incomes at different times:
- Check availability online Huayna Picchu Group 1
- 200 people per day.
- Schedule of Entry: 07:00 hrs. – 08:00 hrs.
Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 2
- Check availability online Huayna Picchu Group 2
- 200 people per day.
- Schedule of Entry: 10:00 hrs. – 11:00 hrs.
If you do not find availability for Ticket Huayna Picchu, may also review other alternatives that allow you to visit the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- Availability Machu Picchu – 2,500 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Mountain – 800 people per day.
2. Make a Reservation
To this end, click the book now button and complete the form. The required information is used solely by the Ministry of Culture for the purchase of the ticket to Huayna Picchu.
Note: If the tickets are for students / children you must sent a copy of your ISIC Card / Identity Document respectively. These documents must be valid at least until the date of his visit; otherwise, you can not enter Machu Picchu.
3. Make Payment
Upon booking, you will receive an "Invoice Paypal" at the email with which you booked. In this invoice is specified the details of your reservation; such as, the total amount payable, the type of ticket, the date of their visit.
Note: Payment must be made during the next two hours, time that lasts the reservation; otherwise, there is the possibility of losing the space reserved of the Ticket Huayna Picchu. We also have other methods of payment.
- In the Checkpoint of Access you will be prompted the identification document with which you made the purchase of your ticket; not to submit that document will preclude the entry.
- The student rate is applied to people who has the International Student Card ISIC and Minors between (8 years – 17 years).
- In the Travel Tips section you will find everything you need to know about the visit to Huayna Picchu.
- The entrances to the different mountains, whether they Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu have access located within the same Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu Mountain is within the archaeological site of Machu Picchu, in the sector of the Sacred Rock.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain is in a deviation to the right, before reaching the Intipunku.
- The Ticket Huayna Picchu prices vary depending on nationality and age of the visitor, ie; if foreign / national, adult / student / child. For more information visit our section of Machu Picchu Ticket Prices.
Data requirements to Book Ticket Machu Picchu
To make a booking you must complete the booking form or send an email with the following information:
- Number of passengers.
- Full names (As displayed on your passport).
- Passport number or identify card.
- Date of birth.
- Any other important information you consider we have to know.
Note: If you have the ISIC card (International Student Identity Card), send a scanned copy of your ISIC Card. For child send a copy of your ID or passport as required.
In case you have any doubt or an additional question, feel free to write us or communicate directly via our online chat, we are always at your service to answer any question you can have.
Suspension of Entry to Machu Picchu Mountain in April 2016
The leadership of the National Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu announced the suspension of the entry of visitors to the Mountains Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu in APRIL 2016.
This measure was adopted to facilitate the work of comprehensive maintenance, to be carried out in steps, platforms and retaining walls. Which they would be hampered by the displacement of thousands of daily visitors.
We recommend you consider closing dates, for take the necessary measures, since ticket sales will be suspended in the following denominations, on the dates indicated:
Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, SUSPENSION OF INCOME; from 01 to 15 April 2016.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain, SUSPENSION OF INCOME; from 16 to 30 April 2016.
About Huayna Picchu
Huayna Picchu is located in front Machu Picchu mountain about 2667 m (8920 ft). Huayna Picchu mountain is shown in the vast majority of photos of Machu Picchu to access this mountain is necessary to enter the citadel of Machu Picchu. The road is composed of asymmetric rock steps with some cable segments inlaid in the rock, essential to climb. And in the final stretch to reach the top you have to pass through a narrow tunnel, in which only one can enter resting on knees and hands; to perform this adventure is advisable to be in good physical condition are 2660 meters of steep walk along the cliff; however, the reward for reaching the top justifies all the effort. From here you can appreciate the Citadel of Machu Picchu and the surrounding valley. Learn more about Huayna Picchu.
Por Ingresso Machu Picchu – Última Atualização, 28-01-2016