The hike up the mountain Machu Picchu is one of the adventures available in the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, and despite her beauty is still overlooked. The mountain Machu Picchu, located southwest of the sanctuary, rises to 3,050 m.s.n.m., and offers unparalleled views of the Inca City of Machu Picchu and mountains landscape that surrounds it. It is known that during Inca times, the priests ascended to the top to hold religious ceremonies or celebrations of worship to the Salkantay mountain (Apu protector of Machu Picchu).
The trail ascends through agricultural terraces; some minutes from the guardhouse, you will encounter a checkpoint where you will sign, show your passport and entry ticket, is a journey of 30-minutes. The road up the mountain Machu Picchu is wide and marked, unlike the mountain Huayna Picchu; it follows a path amounting for 1 hour. And as you move up, the views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains are most impressive. It is necessary a good physical condition to ascent. The total journey takes about 3 hours and may take longer during the rainy season because the road becomes slippery.
How to buy Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain 2016?
You can access the mountain Machu Picchu at any time of year, the access is restricted to 800 entries, divided into two time of 400 each; however, this year the entrance to the Mountain of Machu Picchu is suspended from 16 to 30 April of 2016, for maintenance. Take the necessary precautions to avoid affecting their plans.
1. Check Availability
Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu Mountain are limited; and availability can be found at almost any time of the year; however, if you plan to visit during the months of June, July, and August (high season), consider booking in advance. Availability is divided into two schedules income:
- Check Availability online Machu Picchu Mountain 07:00 to 08:00
- 400 people per day.
- Entry Hours: 07:00 hrs. – 08:00 hrs.
Availability Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain 09:00 to 10:00 hrs.
- Check Availability online Machu Picchu Mountain 09:00 to 10:00
- 400 people per day.
- Entry Hours: 09:00 hrs. – 10:00 hrs.
In case of not finding ticket availability for your Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain, you can review the alternatives that allow you to visit the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- Availability Machu Picchu – 2500 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu group 1 – 200 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu group 2 – 200 people per day.
2. Make a Reservation
Click book now and complete the form. The requested information is used exclusively for the purchase of the Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain, at the Ministry of Culture.
Note: If the tickets are for students / children you must sent a copy of ISIC card / Identification Document respectively.
These documents must be valid at least until the date of his visit; Otherwise, you can not enter Machu Picchu.
3. Make Payment
When booking it will be sent an "Invoice Paypal" to the email, with which you booked. In that invoice specified details of your reservation; such as, the total amount payable, the type of ticket, the date of their visit.
Note: Payment must be made during the next two hours, time of duration of the reservation; otherwise, there is the possibility of losing the space reserved of Ticket Huayna Picchu. We also have other methods of payment.
- In the Checkpoint of Access you will be prompted the identification document with which you made the purchase of your ticket; not to submit that document will preclude the entry.
- The student rate is applied to people who has the International Student Card ISIC and Minors between (8 years – 17 years).
- In the Travel Tips section you will find everything you need to know about the visit to Huayna Picchu.
- The entrances to the different mountains, whether they Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu have access located within the same Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu Mountain is within the archaeological site of Machu Picchu, in the sector of the Sacred Rock.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain is in a deviation to the right, before reaching the Intipunku.
- The Ticket Huayna Picchu prices vary depending on nationality and age of the visitor, ie; if foreign / national, adult / student / child. For more information visit our section of Machu Picchu Ticket Prices.
Data requirements to Book Ticket Machu Picchu
To make a booking you must complete the booking form or send an email with the following information:
- Number of passengers.
- Full names (As displayed on your passport).
- Passport number or identify card.
- Date of birth.
- Any other important information you consider we have to know.
Note: If you have the ISIC card (International Student Identity Card), send a scanned copy of your ISIC Card. For child send a copy of your ID or passport as required.
In case you have any doubt or an additional question, feel free to write us or communicate directly via our online chat, we are always at your service to answer any question you can have.
Closing of Mountains: Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu in April 2016
For error in the information, many people think that Machu Picchu will close in April 2016. NOT TRUE. The official report published on August 11, 2015, states:
Huayna Picchu Mountain, will close for maintenance from 01 to 15 April 2016.
Mountain Machu Picchu, will close for maintenance from 16 to 30 April 2016.
The Mountain Machu Picchu is NOT the same as the Inca City of Machu Picchu. The word "mountain" is very important here. Therefore, the City of Machu Picchu, is available 365 days a year.
However, during the closing time of the "Mountains" Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, you have the following alternatives:
About Mountain Machu Picchu
The Machu Picchu Mountain is where the Inca City of Machu Picchu rose, and like other mountains, was considered a sacred place for the Inca culture; from this mountain was taken the name for the city of stone. The Mountain Machu Picchu is 3,082 m.s.n.m.; 600 m. over the lost City of the Incas; it offers such amazing landscapes, as few places on earth. The route was restored, opening paths of ancient Inca roads network.
This trek is much sought after by people who could not get admission to Huayna Picchu. However, it is also frequented by people seeking a less intense experience, compared to Huayna Picchu.
It is a path that ascends through dirt paths and stone, put up visitor traffic. The summit will allow you to observe the habitat of the Cock of the rocks, spectacled bear, endemic species of orchids, among others.
The difficulty of the climb is moderate and can be tiring, depending on the physical condition of the hikers. While this rise is not as required as Huayna Picchu Mountain, likewise we recommend booking in advance to ensure your income on dates to see for convenient.
The tour (up and down) in the mountains Machu Picchu lasts between 3 and 4 hours, and give you the opportunity to connect with nature to another level.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 02-02-2016