The Ticket Machu Picchu offers entries to two mountains; the Huayna Picchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain. Huayna Picchu is the best known and most requested by visitors destination. However, the Machu Picchu Mountain also has its charm. Then the difference of both:
TICKET MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN
- Height: 3,082 m.s.n.m.
- Location: Facing the Huayna Picchu and left of the Traditional Inca Trail.
- Access: From the Complex of Machu Picchu, climb to the viewpoint (House of the guardian) continue until the diversion is indicated with a signboard.
- Entrance tickets: Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain.
- Hours: 07:00 hrs. – 11:00 hrs.
- Number of visitors: 800 spaces per day. Check availability Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Walking time: 3 hours and a half (round trip).
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate.
- What to bring?: Shoes anti-slip, sunscreen, insect repellent, head protection, rain gear (depending on season).
- Archaeological attractions: None.
- Flora and fauna: Because of the weather and the landscape you will find variety of butterfly orchids and birds.
- Weather: The weather is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. Dry season: May to October / Rainy season: November to March.
- Advantages: Mountain Machu Picchu higher than the Huayna Picchu, less steep path, panoramic view of the City Inca and Huayna Picchu.
- Disadvantages: No archaeological remains..
TICKET HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN
- Height:2,693 m.s.n.m.
- Location: North of the Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Access: From the Inca city of Machu Picchu, by the Sector of huayranas (Sacred Rock). Income by the Control House.
- Entrance tickets: Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- Hours: First group: 07:00 hrs. 08:00 hrs. – Second group: 10:00 hrs. – 11:00 hrs.
- Number of visitors: Number of visitors: 400 per day, divided into two groups of 200. Check the availability Huayna Picchu.
- Walking time: 1 hour 30 minute climb and the same descent.
- Degree of difficulty: Medium. Steep mountain, cliffs, many steps (not recommended for those suffering vertigo).
- What to bring?: Slip shoes, sunscreen, insect repellent, rain gear (depending on season)..
- Archaeological attractions: Andenerias, the Moon Temple in a cave with niches samples, lintels and fine stonework.
- Flora and fauna: Landscape of the jungle, surrounded by lush vegetation, an important habitat for birds, butterflies, insects, all from a tropical landscape.
- Weather: Warm and humid during the day, cool at night. Dry season: May to October / Rainy season: November to March.
- Advantages: Panoramic view across the City Inca, roads, streets, squares and precincts.
- Disadvantages: Cliffs covered with vegetation, steep climb, narrow path.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 30-06-2015