The waters of these baths come from the sub-soil and are of minero medicinal origin with many healing properties, located in a place ideal for relaxing natural environment, with abundant crops of coffee, avocado and granadillas.
Hot Springs of Cocalmayo – Machu Picchu
The hot springs of Cocalmayo are located in the town of Urpipata, Santa Teresa district, province of the Convention, department of Cusco. At Km 135 of the railroad from route Cusco – Quillabamba (according to the profile of Dircetur – Regional Tourism).
It is located three kilometers from the town of Santa Teresa and 20 minutes walk from the town which is about 1,600 m.a.s.l.
It is about medicinal mineral waters coming from the sub-soil are crystal clear, the temperature ranges from 40º C to 44º C, suitable temperature for the human body.
Healing properties attributed to it as a therapeutic treatment for skin problems, rheumatism and bone pain. also features a whirlpool system.
The thermal baths of Cocalmayo has 3 pools with different temperatures and depth, dressing, camping areas and kiosks selling food.
At the bottom of the pools come with soft sand and the surrounding area, you can see lush vegetation, rocks and dramatic, yet gentle sound of the river.
The 24 hours of the day.
Entrance Ticket Prices
Hot Spring of Cocalmayo
- PEN S/. 10.00
- PEN S/. 5.00
- PEN S/. 2.50
Accessibility to Cocalmayo
Taking as a starting point the town of Santa Teresa:
- By car: You can arrive in 10 minutes
- Walking: This walk takes 30 minutes down the road.
We recommend going to the hot springs of Santa Teresa during the months of April to October.
Access from the City of Cusco
In Bus (Cusco – Santa Teresa):
- Take a bus from Cusco to Quillabamba and get off at the town of Santa Maria, the trip takes about 5 hours and is 221 km by paved track.
- Santa Maria is at 1280 m.a.s.l., the weather is warm. The next destination is Santa Teresa is 15 km from Santa Maria. The trip by car, will take by the paved road for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
By Train (Ollantaytambo – Santa Teresa):
- Take the train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu and get off at the Hydroelectric whereabouts, hence you can go to Santa Teresa by car in 20 minutes or walk for 2 to 3 hours.
Access from the town of Aguas Calientes
Walking (Aguas Calientes – Santa Teresa):
- From the village of Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Pueblo you can go to the hydroelectric walking for 2 to 3 hours going through tunnels, bridges and beautiful scenery along the railroad tracks.
- The next stretch is hydroelectric – Santa Teresa, this hike will be 1 hour and 30 minutes, with landscapes own jungle.
By Train (Aguas Calientes – Santa Teresa):
- The train tracks, just reach the Hydroelectric, the trip from Aguas Calientes is 20 minutes. Remember the distance is 10 km and the cost is: PEN S /. 5.00 nationals and USD $ 8.00 for foreigners.
- Once Hydroelectric take a taxi which will take you to Santa Teresa the trip is 20 minutes are 6 km enjoying the landscape of jungle.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 01-08-2015